Tiago Gil Oliveira (MD/PhD) is an Assistant Professor at the School of Medicine, University of Minho.
He is part of the faculty (Anatomy) of the Medical Degree at University of Minho.
Currently, he is also a Neuroradiology resident at "Hospital de Braga".
He is a member of the Neuroscience Research Domain at ICVS/University of Minho.
His research main interests are focused in understanding the role of signaling lipids in brain function and dysfunction.
Francisco de Holanda High School, Guimarães, Portugal.
University – Medical School
School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal.
University – PhD
Columbia University – New York, USA – under the supervision of Gilbert Di Paolo.
Co-supervisor: Nuno Sousa (Minho University, Braga, Portugal).
"The role of phospholipase D in Alzheimer's disease"
SELECTED SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
- The impact of chronic stress on the rat brain lipidome. Oliveira TG, Chan RB, Bravo FV, Miranda A, Silva RR, Zhou B, Marques F, Pinto V, Cerqueira JJ, Di Paolo G, Sousa N. Mol Psychiatry. 2015 Mar 10. doi: 10.1038/mp.2015.14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lipids under stress--a lipidomic approach for the study of mood disorders. Miranda AM, Oliveira TG. Bioessays. 2015 Nov;37(11):1226-35. Epub 2015 Oct 1.
- Comparative lipidomic analysis of mouse and human brain with Alzheimer disease. Chan RB, Oliveira TG, Cortes EP, Honig LS, Duff KE, Small SA, Wenk MR, Shui G, Di Paolo G. J Biol Chem. 2012 Jan 20;287(4):2678-88.
- Phospholipase D2 ablation ameliorates Alzheimer's disease-linked synaptic dysfunction and cognitive deficits. Oliveira TG, Chan RB, Tian H, Laredo M, Shui G, Staniszewski A, Zhang H, Wang L, Kim TW, Duff KE, Wenk MR, Arancio O, Di Paolo G. J Neurosci. 2010 Dec 8;30(49):16419-28.
- Phospholipase D in brain function and Alzheimer's disease. Oliveira TG, Di Paolo G. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010 Aug;1801(8):799-805. Epub 2010 Apr 23. Review.
“Modulation of Phospholipase D for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders”
Gilbert Di Paolo, Tiago Gil Oliveira, Tae-Wan Kim.
WIPO Patent WO/2010/138869A1
“Modulation of Phospholipase D for the treatment of the acute and chronic effects of ethanol” Gilbert Di Paolo, Tiago Gil Oliveira, Markus Wenk, Samuel G. Frere, Robin B. Chan.
WIPO Patent WO/2011/014622A1
2012-2015 – Fundação para a ciência e tecnologia
“The role of brain lipid metabolism in the modulation of chronic stress effects”
€155.373 - PTDC/SAU-NMC/118971/2010
2014 - Clinic Academic Center - Braga
"Antiphospholipid syndrome: identification of new biomarkers"
2015-2017 - BIAL Foundation
"The impact of lipid signaling modulation in cognition"
€50.000 - 253/14